I’ve been planning my launches with the moon cycles for years. But since diving into some more formal astrological training (and learning more and more about the moon and the stars), I’ve realised there are so many ways that you can plan your launch with the moon.
One way to plan your launch with the moon cycles is to take notice of the moon phases.
There are eight main moon phases to take into consideration and these include:
- New Moon: this phase is all about beginnings
- Crescent Moon: this phase is about slowing down
- First Quarter Moon: this phase is all about discernment
- Gibbous Moon: this phase is all about trust
- Full Moon: this phase is all about letting go
- Disseminating Moon: this phase is all about receiving
- Third Quarter Moon: this phase is all about giving back
- Balsamic Moon: this phase is all about connection
These eight phases change between yin and yang energy.
Those with yin energy are:
- Crescent Moon
- Gibbous Moon
- Disseminating Moon
- Balsamic Moon
Those with yang energy are:
- New Moon
- First Quarter Moon
- Full Moon
- Third Quarter Moon
Generally speaking, you probably want to start and finish your launch during a yang phase. Yang phases are connected with masculine energy and are a great time for taking action and getting things done (which is exactly what you need at the start and end of a launch).
Ying phases are connected with a feminine energy and are great for ‘feeling into things’ and taking a moment to reflect and restore. This is also very important during a launch.
Traditionally, a New Moon is a great time to start a launch as it is the start of a new cycle. If this isn’t possible, you might want to get as close to the New Moon as possible (or choose another yang phase for the start of your launch).
Astrological Sign & House
As well as consulting moon phases, you can also look at which astrological signs are being activated and in which house in your chart. Each moon phase will sit in a different astrological sign and house and this will change every month.
This means that launching on a New Moon in July and launching on a New Moon in August will have a different energy because they will be activating a different astrological sign and house. Some signs and houses will be more suited to launching than others:
To learn more about the signs and houses download my astrology basics guide below:
For example, the cart opens for Launch Mastery with the New Moon in 20 degrees Cancer on the 13th June 2018 and the energy is nurturing, grounding and comforting. This moon is conjunct my natal moon in my 11th house which is all around community and group contribution.
The launch will close around the time of the Aquarius Full Moon (and lunar eclipse) which falls in my 6th house which is interestingly all about work and service and very close to my south node. The south node reveals the gifts that you bring into this lifetime, your sweet spot, your comfort zone. Which is not surprising given I am teaching launching in this program!
This energy would be completely different if I was launching between a New Moon and Full Moon activating different signs like Leo or Sagittarius.
So if you’re wondering which month you should do your next launch, you might like to look at the astrological signs and houses that are being activated and what the energy of that month is.
I’m also really excited to be creating a new training for Launch Mastery which is all about launching with the stars. This training will go into lots more detail about moon cycles and astrology!
Ultimately, having this knowledge means that you can pick astrological signs and houses that support the energy you most want to bring to the launch. Or at the very least, you can be prepared for the type of energy that might come up for you and your soul clients!
Have you ever had a birth chart reading? Or maybe even downloaded your own birth chart? This can be an insightful guide when you plan your launch with the moon cycles.
Your birth chart is full of information but as a starting point, it will tell you three important things:
- Sun sign (this is where the sun was when you were born) – This is your highest potential and where you are meant to shine in this lifetime and is often linked to your experience of masculine energy or the father in your life. My sun sign is Sagittarius and reflects my thirst for learning and meaning (and my love of travel!).
- Rising sign (this is the sign that was rising in the east when you were born) – This is how you appear in the world and how others perceive you and can be great to consider when launching yourself and your products into the world. For example, I am a Virgo rising and many people think I am a Virgo sun sign as I am hyper organised and efficient.
- Moon sign (this is where the moon was when you were born) – This is where you have come from and is often linked with your mother and how you need to nurture yourself. I have a Cancer moon and I need lots of time to retreat into my shell to nurture myself and my home is very important as my space to nurture others.
These three pieces of information can tell you a lot about yourself and a lot about what will feel comfortable and what won’t feel comfortable for you.
You might find that launching during New Moons or Full Moons in these signs is a supportive time. You can also consult an astrologist to look at transits to determine the most auspicious launch dates.
A final consideration when planning your launch with the moon is aspects to the position of the New Moon or Full Moon in your birth chart. For example, the last Full Moon in Capricorn was conjunct my Mars placement in my birth chart. When the moon is conjunct with a planet it amplifies the impact of that planet. Capricorn is already a focused, determined hardworking energy – combine that with the energy of Mars (your male warrior energy) and that was one hell of a Full Moon for me.
Intuition and Awareness
I’ve mentioned some really powerful ways that you can plan your launch with the moon cycles but I want to point out that none of this should be put ahead of your own intuition and awareness.
Different moon phases and cycles will feel different to everyone so it’s important to get an understanding of what your natural rhythms and cycles are.
Finally, I want to let you know that I do not let the above completely dictate my launch dates. It won’t always work out perfectly but it’s always nice to look to the sky and see how you can plan your launch with the moon cycles.
And if you’d like a more holistic approach to launching check out my Strategy + Soul Launching Program – Launch Mastery.