In many years of launches, and having launched over 20 times, I have come to understand that there is a particular recipe that you can use to avoid burnout during a launch.
You might be thinking…
“But I always get sick during a launch”
“I suffer from adrenal fatigue”
Or even …
“Launches aren’t meant to be easy”
I know, I’ve been there. I’ve been launch sick. I’ve suffered adrenal fatigue (twice!). But what I know now is that it doesn’t have to be that way!
Burnout is not normal, acceptable or sustainable and there are actions you can take to avoid it. So let me share my top tips to avoid burnout during a launch!
Tip #1 to avoid burnout during a launch: Balance your masculine and feminine energies
Launch activities and practices can be considered as either ‘feminine’ or ‘masculine’. Neither feminine or masculine is better but it is important to balance these traits to avoid launch burnout.
If your energy is too much in the feminine then you will struggle to move forward and get things done. If your energy is too much in the masculine, you will likely ignore your intuition and sacrifice your health.
First identify which style (masculine or feminine) is more natural to you.
If you have a masculine style, you might want to consider a self-care plan, getting more support and checking in with your intuition and body wisdom to ensure alignment.
If you have a feminine style, you might want to consider setting up more structure around your launch, getting some help with your systems and automation and setting goals and tracking them.I will focus on balancing my masculine and feminine energy. Click To Tweet
Tip #2 to avoid burnout during a launch: Treat your body like a temple
I believe that avoiding launch burnout means we need to truly honour and treat our body like the temple that it is.
This can look different to everyone but here are some must-do launch activities that I abide by:
- Movement: Book a PT for the month or sign up for regular gym classes in advance. My biggest tip is to commit to these practices before the launch begins!
- Healthy eating: Order a healthy meal delivery for your launch period or prepare in advance by cooking nourishing meals and freezing them. Healthy eating is non-negotiable!
- Massage: I love booking in for regular massages to help relieve some of the tension that builds up in my body during a launch.
Tip #3 to avoid burnout during a launch: Master your mindset
We’ve spoken about honouring your body but what about your mindset?
Here are a few rituals you can use to help fill your mind with positive and abundant thoughts.
- Positive affirmations: I’ve found positive affirmations to be extremely helpful during my launches. Mine usually come out of sessions with my kinesiologist and the issues that have come up but they can also be created yourself. For example, “I am infinitely supported by the universe”.
- Oracle cards: When I am feeling down, frustrated or lost during a launch I turn to the cards for some insight and advice. Oracle or Tarot cards assist you to connect with your intuition and your higher knowledge and can therefore be very useful during a launch and help you to find solace and also to take inspired action.
- Journaling: I believe one of the biggest reasons that people experience burnout during a launch is because we’re pushing so hard that we forget to check in with ourselves. Journaling, just like meditation, is a great way to take stock and observe what is happening in your mind.
Tip #4 to avoid burnout during a launch: Gather your support team
It might be tempting to ditch social activities during your launch and re-schedule all human contact until after the cart closes but let me tell you, connection is must-have during your launch!
This means gathering your tribe and spending quality time with friends, family and loved ones is a launch priority!
So when you’re scheduling in launch activities like webinars and live streams, make sure you also schedule in time for brunch with your girlfriends or a home-cooked meal with your family.Make time for connecting with loved ones during your launch. Click To Tweet
Tip #5 to avoid burnout during a launch: Commit to feeling good
Somewhere along the way, a lot of entrepreneurs and online business owners started to believe that launching was ‘hard’ and that it was meant to be that way. So what if I told you that launching could (and should) feel really, really good? And one way to make launching feel good is to commit to doing something fun!
Here are some examples:
- Do something silly
- Have a dance party in your living room
- Take a short road trip
- Buy fresh flowers
- Watch a funny movie
- Get your hair done
Whatever it is, commit to feeling good during your launch and you might just find that launch burnout will leave you alone this time!It is safe for me to feel good during my launch. Click To Tweet
I hope these tips have inspired you to believe that epic launches are about smart strategy and planning, high vibing, fun and self care NOT overworking and burnout!
Are you ready to make your next launch the most soulful one ever? Then you might like to know about my 1:1 Soulful Launch Support!