I can’t count how many times in interviews I have been asked what I attribute to having six-figure e-Course launches. Everyone wants to know what my dirty secret is and of course everyone thinks there is a silver bullet to six-figure success. I’ve been there desperately searching for that missing piece of the puzzle but now with time, experience and many launches on my side my answers might surprise you.
Here are my 3 tips to having a six figure e-Course launch.
1. Mastering your mindset
The first strategy is mastering your mindset.
You have to truly believe that you can hit six figures.
Seems easy hey?
Not so much. In order to do that, you need to work through the internal blocks you have around having a successful launch. (And let me tell you, we all have some sort of internal baggage that gets in the way!).
For some people it’s upper limit problems, for some people it’s self-confidence, but whatever it is, it’s going to keep holding you back ‘til you deal with it.
To get your head in the right space:
- Write a list of the fears that keep coming up for you when you think about having a six-figure launch. Maybe it’s something like: ‘I’ll be too busy’, ‘My product isn’t good enough’, ‘I don’t have enough experience’, or ‘They’ll all think I’m a fraud’.
- Then, when you’re clear on what it is that’s worrying you, get some help to work through these upper limits or blocks with a mindset coach (or – my favourite – a kinesiologist) to shift and reframe these thoughts and move that negative energy on.
- Finally, once you’ve cleared that crap out of your mindset, you need to consciously do activities that help you manage your mindset – particularly during a launch. This might be things like grounding yourself by walking outside or along the beach, doing yoga, or listening to abundance meditations (The 3×3 manifesting abundance meditation on Omvana is my go-to meditation track).
I’ve built in a heap of my favorite mindset tools into the e-Course Launch Formula and we even have a special resource from Natalie MacNeil to help us when ‘the launch wobbles’ hit us unexpectedly.
2. Plan your launch at least 3-6 months in advance
The second strategy is to plan your launch at least 3-6 months in advance.
A six-figure launch is no accident.
It made such a difference to my results when I finally started carving out the time and space to focus on my launches at least six months before the actual start date. These days, I’m actively implementing strategies all year round – like connecting with potential affiliate partners, setting up interviews, planning my video series strategy, working with a copywriter, and much, much more!
So these are some things you should be doing:
- Start planning all the critical dates for your launch. This list should be thorough, and should include things like your launch date, early bird dates, when you’re implementing your key strategies, when enrolments close and all the key milestones you need to achieve leading up to the launch. I share my launch calendar with my team using a shared Google calendar.
- Get serious about increasing your audience and building your list BEFORE you start launching your product. Ideally, you’d spend a couple of months doing this, using things like Facebook ads, and offering your tribe a free opt-in. Then ramp things up when you’re actually ready to promote your product. I’ve had amazing results by offering free video training and webinars, and you can also do things like challenges and summits. Keep in mind here that you want to be employing a number of these strategies – you can’t expect to just do one webinar and hit the jackpot. It’s all about creating a comprehensive approach to maximise your opportunities.
- Finally, plan the support you’ll need during your launch and secure this in advance – like copywriters, designers, and virtual assistants… Having support around you makes a big difference.
In the e-Course Launch Formula I take launch planning pretty seriously and provide you with the tools to do it right!
3. Take some risks
The final strategy is to take some risks.
I don’t think you have a six-figure launch by playing it safe. In fact, I think this applies to entrepreneurship in general.
People like Richard Branson aren’t in the business of playing it safe. They know that to achieve great things you have to stretch outside your comfort zone – which can be genuinely scary.
For many of us, it feels like a big risk to back ourselves, and to invest money in our ideas.
I know I’ve definitely felt that hesitation before, but a coach once told me that you need to invest 20% of your desired revenue into your launch. This means that to have a six-figure launch, you generally need to invest around $20k. I’ve actually tested this statistic and it’s pretty much spot on, so it’s a good yardstick to keep in mind.
Also, I think it’s important to mention that you always experience this fear, even if you’ve had successes in the past.
Last year, I came up with the idea for a mastermind program called the Ultimate e-Course Mastermind. It was for a really specific audience, and I had no way of knowing if it was going to be successful, but I had such a strong feeling about it I knew I had to do it.
Then, the more I thought about it, the more I realised that if it was going to be a six-figure launch I needed to go all out and back myself by investing in a beautiful brand identity, professional copy and gorgeous design. This meant investing a lot upfront without knowing the outcome, and I definitely had a few moments of fear!
But it all paid off and it was one of my most successful launches ever. So I truly believe that taking strategic risks is important for your business growth.
So look for the areas in your business where you’re playing it safe, and ask yourself how you’re limiting your success because you don’t go ‘all in’?
- Think about one way you can up your game in your next launch to create a more professional and desirable product or program, such as professional branding, copywriting or even hiring a team member to support you in areas outside of your zone of genius.
- Think about ways you are holding yourself back because it feels too risky or like you’re too scared to put yourself out there – perhaps you need to try something new like a webinar, a challenge or a video series?
- And finally, is there a strategy that you know is working for others but that you’ve been too afraid to try, like Facebook Ads or Remarketing? Push through that fear and give it a go.
I’m certainly walking my talk and have invested tens of thousands into the next round of the e-Course Launch Formula because I know that creating a program that is world class will always pay dividends!
The specifics of this blog were discussed my me in a recent video interview over at She Takes on the World with Natalie MacNeil
Are you ready to get on the road to six-figure e-Course success?
I’m not promising it will happen overnight or that it will be easy but the one thing I know is that it is a lot easier if you have proven systems, tools and a group full of e-Course entrepreneurs to help you. So come and join the e-Course Launch Formula and stop postponing your six-figure e-Course success.
You might also like: