In my last blog I wrote about 2017 and the year that was. In this blog I want to tell you about my word of the year and my big and exciting plans for 2018.
Theme Words for 2018
Primary: Creative Devotion
Creative Devotion is about remaining devoted to my soul work even when it feels easier and safer to retreat to my old work.
It is also about being devoted to the big creative projects that I want to birth in 2018.
Devotion means staying open, curious and free.
Devotion means working with, and not against, my natural cycles of conception and creation. Resting when I need to rest and working when I’m called to work.
Devotion means making choices that support the birthing of this work.
It means scheduling out time in my calendar to write and create.
Creative devotions means reducing other expenses so that I have the freedom to work on longer-term creative projects.
It means believing in it before I can “see” it.
Creative Devotion is about having a rock-solid belief in myself to download my own unique soulful body of work and to express that through my book, a deck and other creative projects.
Creative Devotion is about courage.
How I’m making this real:
I’ve scheduled one day a week to work on my new creative projects and I am hoping to get to Bali on 1-2 retreats where I can do some intense periods of creation.
I also have 2 other days a week that can be creation days as needed. This means that I am only working with clients or on my various programs 2 days a week.
A tip for creating the environment for your word is to ask your team, your friends or your partner to support you and hold you accountable. My marketing coordinator recently pulled me up on spending money and time on a non-essential event and said to me will this help or hinder Creative Devotion? Wouldn’t you be better going off on a writing retreat? Yes, Yes I would! (Thanks Soph!).
I always pick some supporting themes for my year. These are additional themes that I want my year to be based around.
In 2018 these themes are:
- Grounded – more time at home, less travel and a solid routine
- Supported – I want to feel supported in all aspects of my life – supported by my body, my emotions, my creativity, my husband, my finances and my business.
- Feminine Flow – to allow myself to approach my business in a beautiful, cyclic and spacious way.
This means that as I make decisions I ask myself:
- Will this support creative devotion?
- Will this help me to feel grounded?
- Will this help me to feel supported?
- Will this allow me feminine flow?
You can find out more about my process to pick my word for the year and supporting themes here.
- Write my manuscript for my first book and source a publisher
- Progress my tarot deck concept, source an artist and have this also picked up by a publisher
- Build my Membership The Soulful Year Collective to 100 members by the end of 2018
- Continue to grow Launch Mastery and the Inner Circle as my flagship program with a six-figure launch by the end of 2018
- Work with amazing clients 1:1 in my VIP intensive
- Add some new healing based certifications to my skill-set (I’m interested in being certified in the Liquid Crystals and Bush Flower Essences and well as currently studying a Chakra Healing Certification).
- Seamlessly build the amazing doTERRA essential oils into my offerings and share the energetic and emotional benefits of these oils in a feminine and soulful way that feels true to me and support my team of builders to do the same.
A tip for making your goals a reality – declare it and make it real publicly to your list and join an accountability and focus group such as The Soulful Year Collective.
So What is My Focus in 2018?
Continuing to build the foundations of my Soulful Launching business and deepen into Energy Healing work and of-course writing my book about Energetic Bravery (™).
Ultimately I want to be able to support my community and clients at a deep and potent level to help them feel wildly successful in their businesses. What i’ve learnt over many years in business is that this success comes from mindset, alignment and energy work rather than strategy. No strategy can save you if you don’t have the right mindset, belief in yourself, courage, alignment and energetic potency.
In 2018 You Can Expect to See Me:
- Rebranding my website (finally!)
- Launching Launch Mastery twice
- Doing quarterly mini launches of The Soulful Year Collective
- Writing my book!
- Sharing some amazing programs with you from entrepreneurs I love
- Being an alumni mentor for the Energy & Soul Medicine Practitionership
- Sharing my learning and my journey through my blog
- Spending time on retreat in Bali
- Getting closer and closer to my soul work, my soul truth and remembering who I truly am
Looking forward to 2019 I want to see:
- My published book and tarot deck being loved by my community and being sold in book stores
- Myself working on a second book
- Myself building my programs to new heights
- Myself working on a few secret (for now) creative projects!
- A happy, abundant, soul fulfilled, present, healthy woman (that’s me!)
- A healthy dose of unexpected amazing opportunities and synchronicity
I encourage you to go through a similar process for your own business!