If 2016 was the year of Surrender then 2017 was the year of trust and becoming.
2017 was about allowing myself to connect deeply to my soul work and to begin letting go of aspects of my business and make space to create new offerings.
This required immense trust.
Trust that I was doing the right thing…
Trust that I wasn’t breaking my business…
Trust that people would still want to hear what I have to say…
Trust that I could make money without taking on the wounded and broke healer archetype…
Trust that over time things again would grow and flourish…
Trust that my mentors were leading me where I needed to go and that even when it felt hard and uncomfortable trust to see things through.
Trust to open up to my husband and ask for his support.
Trust in the existence and power of my intuition and other sentient skills.
Trust that I was in fact a healer and trust that this was my purpose.
Trust in my call to be part of doTERRA even though up to this point I have been extremely anti-network marketing.
Trust that I could do doTERRA my way and lead a team of embodied feminine leaders who work with inspired action and flow not hustle.
All this trust was also my becoming – becoming the woman and entrepreneur and healer that I am meant to be.
The energy of 2017
The energy of 2016 for me was the Warrior Goddess (think Athena and Kali) but 2017 was more about being the Priestess and feeling into receptivity, trust, intuition and flow.
I even had a past life vision in mid-2017 of me as a priestess in the ancient celtic world on a barge going down a river in a long Emerald Cloak. I trust that was an important message for me.
I’m not ending this year with the frustrated energy of a 9 year like I was last year but neither am I ending it on the highest of highs.
My year was very much what can be expected from a 1 year – setting the foundations, doing the work and starting to see a little progress.
Metaphorically I was a seed under the ground making its way to, but not yet bursting through, the soil.
I’m excited about 2018 and the years to come. I know I am building something amazing and I’m starting to see how it is all going to come together.
My 2017 Theme Word
Spacious – In some ways my year was toooo spacious! I didn’t have the growth or response to certain initiatives that I had hoped for but on the flip side I also didn’t have excessive obligations which allowed a lot of creative downloads to come through and a lot of things were implemented and I’m grateful for that.
Overview of 2017
I earnt about 10% less in 2017 compared to 2016 but this was due to a decision to not run my Mastermind in 2017. This was part of aligning to my word of ‘spacious’ and I don’t regret it for a second.
My business generated over $300k and my profit margin was also much higher than the year before.
In 2017 I actually grew international sales for the e-Course Launch Formula with higher sales than the previous year. But my heart was not fully in it and other things were tugging at my soul.
So whilst completing my Energy & Soul Medicine Practitionership I worked with my energy mentor to design some energy healing sessions that are specific to the launching process. This resulted in me creating an upgrade to my Launch Mastery Online Program – the Launch Mastery Inner Circle, My Soulful Launching VIP Intensive Package and My Launch Energy Reading.
I also released a Meditations Bundle to support people in their launch and created a brand new in-person and online workshop called “Your Soulful Year’ along with a new Membership “The Soulful Year Collective”.
I also joined doTERRA so that I could share these beautiful oils with my clients and community and have built a team of embodied feminine leaders as well as a beautiful community of oil lovers of around 80 people at last count. I have ranked to Premier in doTERRA and nearly made it to Silver in November. As part of the doTERRA side of the business I developed my own oils consultation process that combines health, emotions and energy healing.
And towards the end of the year I downloaded a concept called Energetic Bravery (™) which will be the focus of a book, a tarot deck, a workbook and lead into a second book.
So it hasn’t been a quiet year!
- Launching Launch Mastery for the 2nd time and over doubling revenue
- Creating an Inner Circle and weaving energy healing into my healing work
- Attending an amazing practitionership retreat in Bali with my biz bestie Ellisa
- Attending two amazing retreats with Nisha Moodley and my sister circle in Santa Fe + Mexico
- Running my first challenge
- Visiting two ex-clients and soul sisters Marnie McDermott and Sam Hannah in Wellington, New Zealand.
- Swimming in a Cenotes in Tulum and skinny dipping in moonlight
- A beautiful and luxurious holiday in Palm Cove with my kids and hubby
- Doing a new photoshoot in wine country
- Downloading my book and tarot deck concept whilst on retreat
- Watching my husband achieve his dream and buy his first boat with my dad
- Watching my daughter perform with fun and confidence at her school concert after years of being very shy
- Becoming so much closer to my youngest girl who was actually withdrawing from me somewhat at the start of the year
- The lesson that keeps on giving – CASH.FLOW. It’s been my biggest struggle in growing my business and my team and I am still learning how to master it in my business.
- Don’t expect it to always be Summer. In other words a constant upward trajectory is nice but it hasn’t been my experience. It was for my first 4 years in business but the last two have been more like plateaus. The big lesson here is not expecting something that works and is in a growth phase – to always be in a growth phase. Things change, the industry changes and your interests and passions change. It’s important to not get complacent and always be looking to improve and evolve. You need to stay relevant in a changing world.
- Get the right help. I just can’t do everything I want to do on my own and my little (but powerful) team help me to do so much more than I could on my own. This year (as a result of putting it out there in last year’s year in review) I brought on Sophie as my Marketing Coordinator and this has been game-changing with structured, consistent marketing and a right-hand launch girl to boot.
- It’s all here already. The abundance I want. The clients I want. The book I want to write. But if I don’t believe in myself and in my dreams then it cannot be brought into form. Positive mindset and high vibration energy is paramount. You need to believe before you can see it.
Busting Through Blocks
- Clearly, there are some blocks around moving to my next income level which I totally plan to change in 2018!
- I have blocks around being able to grow my business and my e-Program participants without burning out. For a while now I’ve been working through the block that my energy is linked to my revenue and my number of clients and this will continue to be a focus in 2018 – a critical shift required for sustainable growth.
- That I can write a book, I’m going to do this in 2018 but I’ll be honest writing a book scares me much more than writing an e-Course!
- That just because I have superpowers in planning, launching and strategy that it doesn’t mean that I have to do that work, or only that work. I can be an incredible healer and soulful coach as well as, or instead of, a great systems and strategy coach. It’s my choice.
- That I am a healer or an Intuitive or a soulful coach or…. I doubt my gifts despite knowing that my clients love this from me, my mentor 100% believes in me and even though my birth-chart and numerology confirm that I am indeed a “healer”. It’s scary and I often don’t feel worthy.
- That I can make money from my soulful approach… yep I have the broke healer archetype in me too but I choose to embody and invoke the abundant healer instead – because seriously, it’s time that we started valuing the work of kinesiologists, healers, energy and other light workers and ourselves.
- I have blocks around not being as popular as or as famous as or having as big a list as and all these other ways that we compare ourselves to others. I don’t always feel like the 7-figure business is my birthright or that I have what it takes to create it. I worry that I am too introverted, like my freedom too much or just don’t have that special something…
*interestingly many of my “blocks” are similar to last year and the year before so it is taking a little while to work through some of these!
My “Team” in 2017
The people I work with on a day-to-day basis to run my business and programs are:
- Community Manager
- Marketing Coordinator & Launch Support
- Tech Support Manager
- Customer Service Manager & Personal Assistant
- Graphic Designer
The people I worked with on a project basis during the year were:
- Event Manager
- FB ads Manager
- Google Remarketing Specialist
- Trademarks Specialist
- Web designer
Success Secrets in 2017
- Employing a Marketing Coordinator and prioritising consistent and strategic marketing and communications in my business
- Getting support and advice from my Accountant on managing cash flow
- Asking for help even when it was hard to admit
- Using Asana to manage my team and my business
- Not being afraid to launch new products and services
- Moving forward even if my brand was outdated (and drove me crazy), or things were not totally seamless, or I didn’t have professional copy – just doing the best with what I had
- Backing my Soul’s calling and investing in the Soul & Energy Medicine Certification – this was not a fluffy program, I learnt concrete skills and designed groundbreaking and unique ways to support my clients.
- Having regular quarterly, monthly and weekly planning rituals
- When I was lost just asking my higher power or soul team “show me what you’d have me do”?
- Not forcing my book and tarot concept to come through but allowing it to flow through, trusting that it was on its way, creating an environment where there was space for it to come through and then just taking notes and recording voice memos (sometimes mid-way through a shower!).
- Just trusting myself, backing myself and believing in myself even when no-one else did or when it looked hopeless. Trusting that this too shall pass.
- A husband who despite everything believes in me and my ability to keep showing up and now knows that the hard times only make me stronger and brings through amazing ideas to boot!
- Friends – I’m not the most popular girl or entrepreneur but I have an amazing collection of friends who are incredibly supportive in different ways.
- Cash Flow
- Finding Freedom in my business and balancing the business delivery with the spaciousness I crave
- Navigating a major transformation in my business in my work in a way that is aligned and is still sustainable and profitable.
- Communicating my new direction and message when I was still working it out myself!
What I actually did this year!
- Launched the e-Course Launch Formula twice and it is now a self-study program
- Welcomed over 30 members into the e-Course Idea Generator
- Launched Launch Mastery once with an Inner Circle upgrade
- Joined doTERRA and built to a Premier Team
- Created & Launched the following new offerings:
- Started writing my book and creating the concept for my tarot deck
Month by Month
The year started slowly enjoying time at home with my oldest daughter but I did manage to run a few VIP strategy days and fit in a trip to the Gold Coast to run my expansive workshop!
In February I launched the e-Course Launch Formula and ran my biggest webinar ever with 2,500 registrants. It was epic!
In March I was a proud affiliate for Marie Forleo’s B-School Launch with an incredible 33 people who took up my affiliate offer which I’ll be repeating in 2018 so stay tuned.
Towards the end of the month, I headed off to Santa Fe for the Freedom Mastermind. Santa Fe was so beautiful, I experienced snow for the first time (!), went to an Oxygen bar and spending time with Nisha Moodley and my mastermind girls was incredible. We had the opportunity to also meet and work with Kalila who runs a Priestess school which was mind-blowing.
In April I was listed as one of Top 100 Solopreneur Sites by One Woman Shop which was pretty awesome and I also started to see my first in-person energy healing clients.
I also had a beautiful new photoshoot and I launched Launch Mastery for the 2nd ever time and doubled the first launch and filled my Inner Circle. I also took a quick trip to Wellington, NZ to see a client and catch up with some business besties.
In June my Husband got his boyhood dream of owning a boat and then I headed off to Bali and participated in a week-long energy healing practitioner retreat – total bliss!
We took our annual family holiday to Palm Cove in Queensland and I started offering my Launch Energy Readings which I have now done for people such as Denise Duffield Thomas, Nisha Moodley, Jadah Sellner and Melissa Sandon.
In August after months using doTERRA oils with clients I bit the bullet and officially started with doTERRA and reached Elite.
I also launched the e-Course Launch Formula for the last time. It hasn’t been retired but it is now a self-study enrol anytime program.
In September I worked hard to reach the next doTERRA rank of Premier in the three weeks of the month before heading off to Mexico on retreat with Nisha Moodley!
In Mexico I had amazing experiences such as outdoor sound healings, swimming naked in the sea in moonlight and swimming in a Cenotes with turtles! My time in Mexico was extremely creative downloading my first ever book concept, my Tarot deck and more.
I came home and launched about 5 offerings in the space of 2 weeks – my VIP intensive, my launch energy readings, my meditation bundle, the Your Soulful Year workshop and my premium oils consultation!
In November I created and ran Your Soulful Year Workshops in Adelaide and Melbourne.
I also attended my Practitionership Graduation in Brisbane. Whilst in Brisbane my official name for my book and for my body of work downloaded – Energetic Bravery (™)
In December I started writing my book, launched Your Soulful Year Online and a new Membership offering The Soulful Year Collective.
I also enjoyed a fabulous night away with my hubby for his end of year Christmas party.
So that was my 2017! Look out for my next blog that looks forward to 2018 and what you can expect from me.